Friday, August 29, 2014

"Past Champions Night:" Lee High vs. John I. Burton.

The John I. Burton Raider football team will be hosting the "Past Champion's Night" on Friday, August 29. This night is to honor the 2004 region D champion team from Burton. We have this night every year to remember our championship teams of the past.  On August, 26 I had the pleasure of interviewing Head Coach, Jim Adams about the game this Friday night.

In my interview with Coach Adams, he stated, "I was very pleased with our performance this past Friday. I think we held our own with George Wythe, one of the top football programs in the 1A football division." The match up with John I. Burton, and Lee High is without a doubt going to be one of the most action packed games of our season. According to Coach Adams,''This is the best team Lee High has had in decades."

This match up is going to be tough. Coach Adams quotes, "The key to our success this coming Friday will be to play offense efficiently and to not give up the big plays." The Raiders are up for a challenge as we play the Generals. According to Coach Adams, "This is the best team we will play on our schedule." Come out to cheer on the John I. Burton Raiders, on Friday, August 29 as we take on the Lee High Generals.