Friday, August 28, 2015

John I. Burton Raiders vs. Union Bears

On August 27th at J.I. Burton High School, the J.I. Burton Raiders battled against the Union Bears in a football game. JIB scheduled this game on a Thursday night, making it the first football game in our district.  As such, the parking lots, stands, and cash box were packed. Although the Raiders fought very hard, they fell short of their goal to beat Union, with a score of 52 - 6. 

The one and only touchdown the Raiders obtained was scored by Tra Adams, quarterback. Corey Mullins set this score up by running 12 yards and coming within 2 yards of the goal line. Adams ran a play called a quarterback sneak, so when the ball was hiked he ran straight and gained as many yards as possible.

I personally did not enjoy watching the Raiders get beat, but I loved to hear that we succeeded in earning a large sum of money for our school. Hopefully, our football team will strengthen throughout the season and pull some major wins out this year. I have heard many football players and coaches mention that Union will be our toughest opponent this year but with the hard work the team puts in, I believe we will go very far this year.