Thursday, September 27, 2018

Movie Review: Jurassic World is Incredible Sequel


by Caitlyn Collins, sophomore

Before I began watching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, I expected it to be an amazing movie. I've always favored dinosaurs, so I've loved the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World series since they came out. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was outstanding, and the ending, in my opinion, was great and interesting.

The movie started with people talking about the island the dinosaurs live on and how the volcano will wipe them out, resulting in another extinction. The Dinosaur Protection Group tries to save them, but other people would rather leave the dinosaurs to their fate. Luckily, Claire receives a call from Eli Mills and Benjamin Lockwood to help rescue the dinosaurs, since she has access to the Jurassic World system. They tell Claire the dinosaurs will be sent to their own, individual island. However, they trick Claire into thinking that was the real plan. Mercenaries, led by Wheatley, take them to Isla Nublar and eventually try to leave them to die. Owen, who joined them since he raised the raptors, and Claire realize the plan was a lie and attempt to save the dinosaurs a second time.

The ending wasn't what I expected, but it was incredible. I enjoyed this movie and I would definitely watch it again. I would recommend this to anyone who loved the Jurassic series or loves dinosaurs in general.

The movie was originally released June 22, 2018. The release date for DVD and Blue Ray was set for September 18, 2018 and it is now available on Amazon video and iTunes.