Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Park is a Place to Come Together

by Keaton I., senior

The best place in Norton to hang out at or meet new people is at the city park, located less than a half mile from the high school a block off  Virginia Avenue.

I have tennis practice after school and I've meet many new people of all ages with similar interests. The park is in the center of the city, making it easily accessible.

Yesterday I was at tennis practice and a guy and a girl came and played on the court next to us. I talked to them a bit and asked how long they have been playing tennis, and they responded, "A couple months." Our conversation made me think about how many people they have met. Personally, I've met many people playing tennis for the two years I've played, and I have met even more people playing basketball and football at the park.

It's not only kids who live in Norton that you'll meet at the park, either. Many people from Wise come to our park because they have friends in Norton. It sometime is for after-school activities, also, as other cross country sports teams like to practice by running the streets of Norton.

You'll always find people at the park no matter what time of year. People love seeing High Knob from it and looking at the mountains to see the trees in fall and winter, making it a great place to have a picnic with a loved one or a boyfriend or girlfriend. People love the park during winter to sled with family or play in the snow. The summertime is when most people are at the park and it's a great environment for families.

Norton City Park is a great park for many ages to interact with each other. It's a safe and beautiful place to have fun with friends or family.