Thursday, September 15, 2016

Cross Country seeking success in 2016

John I. Burton's Cross Country team started off their season on a high note.  In Jonesville, Virginia, at Cumberland Bowl Park on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, they competed in their first meet.  According to the team it was a very difficult and vigorous course.  The Lady Raiders placed 1st in the conference, while the boys placed 3rd.

Coach Sherry Beauchamp has been coaching the Cross Country team for five years.  She stated, "With Robert, my son, graduating, I debated whether I would coach, and once I saw the dedication of the team this year, I was just like - 'This is well worth my time'."  Mrs. Beauchamp is very excited about what is in store for the upcoming season.

Captain Jonah S., fourth year runner, yearns to go to state, along with the rest of his team.  Senior, Austin B. says his  teammates are "very encouraging. They are just there for me."  The team is relatively close, similar to a family.

The team's most recent race was at Wilderness State Park. The Cross Country team was ready to take on this challenge; however, the results of this race have yet to be calculated.  Nonetheless, the Raiders feel satisfied with their performance.

Burton's Blog wishes you the best of luck on your season!  

Written by Tiffany A. and Haley H.