Friday, March 7, 2014

Teacher Report: All about Mrs. Wampler

For this week's teacher report, I interviewed the lovely Mrs.Yvonne Wampler. She is currently fifty-eight years old. Mrs. Wampler is married with three kids. Tragically, one of her daughters passed away at the young age of seventeen due to Leukemia. Nonetheless, it is true that Mrs. Wampler lives a happy and fulfilling life.

Mrs. Wampler grew up in Wise, but now lives in Norton; she is definitely not an only child. She has twelve other siblings, eleven currently living. Four of her siblings are men and the other eight are women. I asked "What was it like growing up with so many siblings?" Mrs. Wampler responded "It was really great. There were many people to play with when we wanted to play, and sure the money was low at times but we got through."

Mrs. Wampler did many activities as she grew up. She remembers going outside playing with her friends and family. One of her favorite outdoor activities was Red Rover. Mrs. Wampler was very athletic as well. She played basketball and softball in college. In softball she played played second base and shortstop and she was an incredible batter as well. In basketball, she was one of the best; she could shoot shots as good if not better than anyone could.

Mrs. Wampler went to school at J.J. Kelly High School, currently known as Central High School. Then, she went to college at Clinch Valley, currently know as UVA-Wise. Mrs. Wampler now teaches here at John I. Burton with a bachelor degree in Science and Math. She teaches Algebra 2 and geometry, and the students in these classes are normally in 9th-11th grade. Mrs. Wampler enjoys teaching here at John I. Burton. When I asked her, "How do you treat your bad students?" She responded, "I haven't had any." In her classes students do many activities, including group work and foldables. I have personally enjoyed my experience in Mrs. Wampler's geometry class. She teaches geometry very well and does a great job at keeping her class enjoyable. I have not known her long, but for the last month that I have known her, I have really come to love Mrs. Wampler.